Coaching for Teams & Work Groups
Many organizations face a situation where an entire group of individuals are in need of coaching. Whatever the reason, a performance gap is recognized which demands an executive management response.
The purpose may be to link individuals from across strategic business and service units and/or from around the globe so there is continuity within a program and cohesiveness amongst the leaders. Team coaching offers a structured dialogue of emerging purposed, directed toward success.
Team coaching can provide the necessary impetus for building and motivating teams. Team issues are more often motivational rather than technical. Members may differ significantly in their beliefs about the direction of the business and may hold conflicting expectations.
A coach plays a unique role as an interpreter and facilitator. The resulting team unites people across functions and divisions.
Typical Client Requests
- Forming new teams as a result of M&As
- Ensuring that global EVP off-sites work
- Cross-company & cross-cultural team development
- Shifting team practices, rituals and relationships
- Competency building as part of a talent development initiative